Having your car serviced every year is an important part of keeping it in good running order, and could actually cut running costs significantly by ensuring any problems are found and fixed before they develop into larger, more serious issues in the future. Did you know that a clogged air filter alone can reduce your fuel efficiency by a massive 10%?
At Hammond Autoserv Ltd we have a range of servicing options to suit all vehicles no matter the age, make or model. Get in touch with our friendly team for a free, no-obligation quote. We always quote for the worst-case scenario, so that our customers don’t get any surprises when they collect their vehicles. And we never carry out any additional work without the customer’s approval first. We believe in complete openness when it comes to pricing.
Car Servicing at Hammond Autoserv Ltd starts from just £79.00 + VAT.
At Hammond Autoserv Ltd your warranty is safe with us:
If your vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s warranty, you can bring it to Hammond Autoserv Ltd for servicing, MOT and repairs without worrying thanks to the Block Exemption Regulation (2003) Legislation. If we need to fit parts at any time, we will only fit parts that are certified as Original Equipment Matching Quality. Not only do these parts promise superior performance and great value for money, but your warranty won’t be invalidated when we fit them.
Combined MOT and Service Offer
Get an MOT for just £25.00 when combined with a Full Service
A Full Service combined with an MOT reduces the MOT cost because some of the procedure checks carried out within the MOT test are duplicated within the Full Service Schedule.
Car Service requirements:
- Replacement of Engine Oil (Engine Oil Drain Plug and Washer)
- Replacement of Oil Filter
- Replacement of Fuel Filter (at required service interval)
- Replacement of Air Filter
- Replacement of Timing Belt (at required service interval) May also require replacement of Water Pump.
- Replacement of Ancillary Drive Belt(s) (at required service interval)
- Replacement of Drive Belt Tensioner Pulley (at required service interval)
- Check the engine for damage (check for leaks)
- Check the radiator for damage (check for leaks)
- Check the condition of all visible hoses, lines and connections (check for damage, leaks and correct routing)
- Check the exhaust system
- Check the heater for damage (check for leaks)
- Cooling system: check/clean the pressure cap; replace if necessary.
- Cooling system: Replacement of coolant/water with anti-freeze.
- Cooling system: check for leaks, check the level and anti-freeze strength; correct if necessary.
- Clutch: check the operation; adjust if necessary (adjust if necessary)
- Check the transmission for damage (check for leaks)
- Driveshafts: check the condition
- Check the steering assembly for damage, wear and leaks
- Check the power steering fluid level; top up if necessary
- Check the brake fluid level; top up if necessary
- Replacement of brake fluid (at required service interval)
- Check the brake pad thickness (check more frequently when operating in severe conditions; replacement if necessary)
- Check the condition of the disc brakes (check more frequently when operating in severe conditions; replacement if necessary)
- Check the brake drums and shoes for damage and wear (check more frequently when operating in severe conditions; replacement if necessary)
- Check/adjust the parking brake
- Check the wheel cylinders
- Check the vacuum pump for damage and leaks
- Check the tread depth and wear pattern on all the tyres, including the spare
- Check the tyre pressures; adjust if necessary
- Re-tighten the wheel nuts/bolts (check for damage; check for correct type)
- Check the wheel covers for damage; especially the retaining system
- Suspension: Coil Springs, Anti-Roll Bar Links, Suspension Arms, etc, check for damage and wear
- Ball joints: check the condition
- Wheel Bearings: check for damage and wear
- Check/clean the battery connections (lubricate if necessary)
- Check the battery fluid level; top up if required
- Check the function of the exterior lights (check for damage)
- Check the luggage compartment light(s) (if applicable)
- Check the function of all the instrument gauges
- Instrument panel and controls: check the illumination
- Check the function of the interior warning lights
- Check the operation of the horn
- Air conditioning: check the hoses and lines for damage and leaks.
- Air conditioning: check the temperature at the evaporator outlet tube (at the required service interval)
- Replacement of the Odour/Pollen Filter (if applicable)
- Seat belts: check for damage and wear; check the operation
- Check the windscreen wipers and washing system, top-up if required
- Check/lubricate the bonnet hinges and safety catch
- Check the operation of the door check straps (lubricate the steel check straps if necessary)
- Check the entire underside of the vehicle for leaks, corrosion and damage (check for damage, leaks and correct routing)
To find out more about Car Servicing in Ipswich, get in touch online or call Hammond Autoserv Ltd on 01473 891006